LAR has determined that the following affiliation requirements will be implemented during the 2017-2018 winter season:
1. Applicants must perform operations that abide by the laws and regulations of Japan.
2. Applicants must operate cooperatively with LAR and related staff.
3. All applicants applying as an instructor business must hold a snow sports certification issued by a national or internationally recognized ski or snowboarding organization, as defined on a supplementation, and all instructors employed under the entity's supervision must hold snow sports certifications issued by a nationally or internationally recognized ski or snowboarding organization.
4.All applicants applying as a guide business must be either certified with one of the following certifications, or perform guide duties under the supervision of a person holding one of the following certifications:
-Level 1 Avalanche Operations (avalanche employee certification)
-Level 3 ISIA ski/snowboard guide certification (in addition to the ISIA avalanche and guiding module basic certification)
5. Applicants must be enrolled in a valid third party liability insurance policy (minimum of ¥100 million per single accident).
6. All staff members, instructors and guides employed by applicants must be legally entitled to work in Japan. Foreign staff members are required to provide their residence card in accordance with certification, proving permission to engage in work at the time of lift pass pickup.
Applicants will be required to submit a “Lotte Arai Resort Snow sports School and Guide Affiliation System” application, and required documents, to LAR no later than one week prior to the intended commencement of the applicant’s snow sports school operations.
※LAR does not allow Lotte Arai Resort to be used as a waiting area for lessons or to be used in advertising, under any circumstances.
1. A completed Lotte Arai Resort Snow Sports School and Guide Affiliation System application.
2. An outline of the group or company. A detailed description of operations, location, contacts for the summer and winter seasons, and contacts of Japanese speaking staff members.
3. A copy of the applicant’s emergency management plan. This is required in the event of serious injury of a guest or staff member, or a major accident.
4. A copy of the applicant’s staff training and development plan.
5. A photo of the applicant’s snow sports school uniform.
LAR respects and protects recognized snow sports schools and guide businesses who purchase licenses for the purpose of conducting school operations. Therefore, a licensing manager will confirm whether the correct licenses have been obtained. The licensing manager will confirm the following points:
a) If a license is carried by the staff on-site
b) If there is a name and color photo on the license
c) The license number
If the licensing manager believes that an incorrect license is being used, he will hand the party in question a “Consultation Request Document”, along with a document regarding the Lotte Arai Resort Snowsports and Guide School Affiliation System. There will be no further confrontation with the party in question at that time. The party with the license in question must arrange a meeting with the LAR representative within 48 hours in order to prove that the correct license is being used.
If the meeting is not conducted within 48 hours, the person in question and the associated business will automatically be barred from conducting operations within the resort and will be prohibited from using LAR facilities.
If the person in question responds within 48 hours and conducts a meeting, the following outcomes are possible:
If LAR has confirmed that the party has not been conducting lessons or guidance for financial gain, then nothing occurs.
If LAR has confirmed that the party has been conducting lessons or guidance for financial gain, then they will be offered to apply as a certified business within the LAR system.
1. If LAR believes that an entity is teaching or conducting guidance for financial reward within the resort, or is performing actions contrary to the terms of the Lotte Arai Resort Snow Sports School and Guide Affiliation System, then LAR reserves the right to cancel or suspend the party’s license immediately, without refund.
2. If a person’s license has been suspended by LAR, then that person will be unable to purchase a license the following year.
3. LAR reserves the right to modify or amend the terms of the “Lotte Arai Resort Snowsports School and Guide Affiliation System” at any time.
4. Snowsports schools and guide businesses recognized under the Lotte Arai Resort affiliation system are not entitled to priority lift use or vehicles in any situation.
Requirements of a representative (school principal)
ÖSSV (AUSTRIA) – STAATLICHER
BASI (U.K.) – LEVEL 4
PSIA (U.S.A.) – LEVEL 3
CSIA (CANADA) – LEVEL 4
APSI (AUSTRALIA) – LEVEL 4
NZSIA (NEWZEALAND) – LEVEL 3
*SAJ, SIA will be designated organization in Japan, and it will be accredited according to the contract established by each group.