Article 1: Objective
Those who use Lotte Arai Resort (hereinafter referred to as "the ski resort") operated by this company are required to use the resort in accordance with these terms, conditions and the various regulations set by this ski resort. Matters that are not stipulated in this terms shall be followed as stipulated in the law, and those that are not stipulated in the law are subject to the "Snow Sports Safety Standards" (Established by the National Ski Safety Council revised as of October 2013), and are subject to societal standards.
Article 2: Notice
LOTTE ARAI RESORT will handle operations with the utmost care to ensure customer safety; however, we ask that guests take a moment to fully understand and contemplate the following specifc dangers, and that you avoid them at your own discretion, so that you can use them without any accidents.
- (A) Weather conditions such as snowfall, rain, strong winds, lightning, hail, heavy fog, etc.
- (B) Terrain such as cliffs, steep slopes, uneven terrain, etc.
- (C) Conditions such as ice burns, deep snow, crevasses, ice cracks, and avalanches
- (D) Natural objects such as rocks, bushes, tree stumps, trees, and exposed ground surfaces
- (E) Lift pillars, buildings, night light supports and weather observation columns, surveillance camera posts, and Gazex (gas exploder/avalanche control system), etc.
- (F) Approaching or colliding with other guests
- (G) Self-inflicted mistakes
- (H) Other similar risks not outlined above
Article 3: Prohibited Acts
- 1. Guests are prohibited from entering locations outside of the resort managed areas. Even within the areas managed by the ski resort, guests are prohibited from entering fully restricted zones, as well as freeride zones and courses closed for avalanche management. Guests are also prohibited from going under ropes and skiing in non-designated locations. Please observe the Arai Rules (a separately defined set of rules).
- 2. Children/wards must be under the supervision of their parents/guardians at all times.
- 3. Handling of drones, radio controlled devices, and unmanned devices within the ski resort and hotel grounds is strictly prohibited.
- 4. LOTTE ARAI RESORT will not take any responsibility for accidents caused by ignorance or neglect of the resort rules on the part of guests as outlined in this notice or the following articles.
- 5. Please refrain from hiking in any area within the ski resort that are not designated in the list below.
- 6. The act of going on the course whilst wearing ski equipment not designated by this ski resort.
- 7. Those who cannot comply with the articles listed in paragraphs 1 to 6 shall not be allowed to use this ski resort.
Article 4: Rules of Conduct
Skiing and snowboarding possess a certain extent of inherent danger, namely because they involve many people moving separately at high speeds. Therefore, we ask guests to take responsibility for their actions in order to prevent injury to themselves and protect the safety of others. Please be sure to observe the following rules of conduct to ensure safety at the ski resort operated by LOTTE ARAI RESORT.
- 1. Never harm or threaten others.
- 2. Control your speed in accordance with the terrain, weather, snow quality, skill level, physical condition, and slope congestion, etc., in addition to always being prepared to stop in order to avoid dangerous situations.
- 3. Be mindful of persons skiing in front of you.
- 4. When passing, please be sure to leave plenty of space between you and the other person.
- 5. When starting, merging, or crossing a slope, always be sure to check back up the slope to ensure safety.
- 6. Never sit down in the middle of a ski course. Refrain from stopping in narrow places or places that cannot easily be seen from further up slope. In the event you fall, you must stand up and clear the course as quickly as possible.
- 7. When climbing, walking, or stopping, you must do so along the edges of the course.
- 8. Be prepared to stop according to the situation, so as to not endanger other guests while skiing or snowboarding.
- 9. Obey all posted signs, markings, and internal broadcasts, and follow the instructions of ski patrol and ski resort staff at all times.
- 10. In the event of an accident, comply with all rescue efforts and reports. If asked, you must identify yourself, regardless of whether or not you were involved or if you were a witness.
Article 5: Guest Responsibilities
- 1. LOTTE ARAI RESORT reserves the right to request compensation or reimbursement for all damages in the event that the resort suffers damages or losses due to guest inability to follow the law or the terms and conditions of the resort.
- 2. In the event that resort guests, or their acquaintances, violate Article 2, Paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, and subsequently require rescue after entering off-limits areas, LOTTE ARAI RESORT will rely upon the efforts of fire and police departments for rescue operations.
- 3. Regarding operations in areas not managed by the ski resort, rescue operations will be carried out with the ski patrol as the main agency, when the resort is requested to do so by the police, fire, or related government departments.
- 4. Once LOTTE ARAI RESORT has completed a rescue operation, the resort will request payment for items relating to the search and/or rescue operation in a detailed statement itemizing costs, including, but not limited to, personnel fees, snow equipment fees, cableway operation, roadway fees, lighting fees, etc.
- 5. The resort takes no responsibility for the theft of skis, snowboards, or equipment left temporarily on resort grounds or parking lots. However, there are exceptions if there is intentional negligence by the resort.
Article 6: Restrictions on Use
- 1. We reserve the right to suspend operation of ski grounds, parts of the ski lifts, or all operations if there is even a slight chance that the safety of the guests cannot be ensured due to meteorological or any other unavoidable reasons. Furthermore, we reserve the right to shut down all or any parts of the ski slope, at any time.
- 2. We reserve the right to close parts of the courses from the public in case of events, competitions or for any company reasons.
Article 7: Other
We reserve the right to refuse service to designated organized crime groups and anti-social groups, as well as their members, in addition to any violent or radical organizations and their members, under the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (effective March 1, 1992).
We will revise these terms and conditions as necessary.
Terms and Conditions established: December 1, 2017.
Revision: November 28, 2018
Revision: November 15, 2019
Revision: November 25, 2020
LOTTE Hotel Arai Co., Ltd.
LOTTE ARAI RESORT