[Tour] MYEONGDONG THEATER
The starting point of performing arts in Korea
- Contact Number 02-3279-2260 Make a Call
- Location 35 Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Business hours Operating hours vary depending on performances
• Open seven days a week : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
(Operating hours vary depending on performances - please check in advance. English subtitles are available for performances on Thursdays and Sundays)
• Type : Performing arts theater
Located between Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station and Myeongdong Station, Myeongdong Theater first opened in 1936, when it was named Myeongchijwa Theater.
This cultural attraction features five floors plus a single-floor basement, and boasts a long history.
The theater hosts special events such as drama and performing arts festivals, with a repertoire that includes traditional plays, experimental theater, silent performances, and musicals.
The seats are only a short distance from the stage, offering guests an even more vivid theater experience.