Terms & Conditions
The following pertains to special terms, benefits and awards from the LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club Program (hereafter called “this Program”). All terms are according to the unique perspective of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS and were made to protect the members of this Program. LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS has the right to make changes to this Program's regulations, conditions, special benefits, or program-related awards, as necessary in accordance with internal circumstances or changes related to LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS or its affiliates. Furthermore as this Program is part of the LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Program (hereinafter, the “Rewards Program”), and any terms and conditions which have not been mentioned, shall follow the terms and conditions of the Rewards Program.
Article 1 Membership Overview
- 1. The terms and conditions herein are regarding LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS' provision of a rewards program and special benefits and services offered to the members of this Program upon their use of hotels and resorts (the “Participating Hotels”, as defined herein).
- 2. Membership in this Program is available to individuals who are either corporate bookers subject to the following terms and conditions. “Individuals who are either corporate bookers” refers to as follows:
- ① Individuals who make reservations on behalf of guests who are staying at a hotel for business trips,
- ② Individuals who make reservations for banquet events, such as meetings, events, and parties,
- ③ Individuals who belong to a corporation, specializing in booking rooms or planning events (PCO).
- ④ Registration is limited to individuals and cannot be done as a company, association, or an entity.
- ⑤ Registration is limited to individuals who are employed to reservation agencies working under commission such as travel agencies.
- ⑥ Registration is limited to any public officials of the Republic of Korea as per the Code of Conduct for Public Officials Article 13.
- 3. The Participating Hotels for the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club, subject to the terms and conditions herein, are as follows:
- ① SIGNIEL (SEOUL, BUSAN)
- ② LOTTE HOTELS (SEOUL, WORLD, BUSAN, JEJU, ULSAN, HANOI, SAIGON, GUAM, MOSCOW, ST.PETERSBURG, VLADIVOSTOK, YANGON)
- ③ L7 Hotels(MYEONGDONG, GANGNAM, HONGDAE)
- ④ LOTTE City Hotels(Gimpo Airport, Guro, Mapo, Myeongdong, Daejeon, Jeju, Ulsan)
- ⑤ LOTTE ARAI RESORT
- ⑥ Other LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS that will be opened in the future
- LOTTE NEW YORK PALACE, LOTTE HOTEL SAMARA, LOTTE City Hotel Tashkent Palace, LOTTE City Hotel Kinshicho, LOTTE RESORT Jeju, LOTTE RESORT Sokcho and LOTTE RESORT Buyeo are excluded from the scope of services.
- 4. "LOTTE Duty Free Shops" in these Terms and Conditions refer to those within Korea, and are not applicable to branches in other countries or internet Duty Free Shops.
- 5. The LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club Points that are used in these Terms and Conditions will be called "B Points".
- 6. Changes may be made to privileges and special benefits for the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club members and the B point system in accordance with internal circumstances or changes in partnership related to LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS and/or its affiliates where such changes are acknowledged as necessary by LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS. The members shall be notified in advance regarding the change through at least two (2) of the following methods: website, written notice or e-mail. However, if changes are unavoidable due to reasons such as an affiliate's unilateral change in partnership conditions or bankruptcy, natural disaster, or sudden changes in the business environment, the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club members may be notified after the change has occurred. If the members do not express any objection within one (1) month of receiving the notice of change, this will be regarded as an act of giving consent to the change. The members who do not agree with the change may still use their existing B Points for one (1) year after the date such change is applied. Any B Points remaining after the end of this withdrawal process will expire.
- 7. If LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS terminates this Program, it must be announced on the membership website and hotel website at least six (6) months before termination. At least one (1) e-mail shall be sent to all members notifying them of this fact.
- 8. The B Points remaining at the one (1) year mark after the notification of this Program's termination will automatically expire and all privileges and services will no longer be offered.
- 9. The interpretation of all regulations and exemptions regarding this Program will be interpreted reasonably in accordance with the relevant laws and commercial practices.
- 10. If any part of the application and membership terms and conditions regarding this Program violates the compulsory laws of the applicant or member's residential area, the application for membership may be canceled for the relevant member.
- 11. The company or employer of the member, may limit or prohibit the registration and participation of the member to this Program. The member is responsible for adhering to the internal policies of their affiliated company. If participating and redeeming benefits from this Program goes against the compliance policies of the member’s affiliated company, the member shall be held fully responsible. By agreeing to these terms and conditions and registering to this Program, the member agrees that he/she has received the consent of their affiliated company. Furthermore, the member agrees that should any dispute occur from misbehavior of the member acting against company regulations, LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS and its affiliates are exempt from any legal responsibilities, costs or damages.
- 12. LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS has the right to deny registration of any individuals not described in Articles 1 and 2 herein, and can cancel registration of any members who have lost qualification. Furthermore, any wrongfully accumulated points or benefits shall be suspended from payment and may be claimed by legal procedures hereafter
- 13. These terms and conditions have referenced international practices and have been composed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea.
- 14. The court of jurisdiction for the 1st trial over any conflicts that arise regarding these terms and conditions will be the court of jurisdiction over the member's place of residence or business in South Korea. However, if the member does not have a place of residence or business in South Korea, the court of jurisdiction for the 1st trial will be the Seoul Central District Court.
Article 2 Membership Registration and Account Creation
- 1. To become a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member, individuals must complete the mandatory registration details on the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club website, including confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Rewards Program. B Points, as defined herein, cannot be earned until registration as a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member, including acceptance of these terms and conditions, is complete.
- 2. Notwithstanding anything in the contrary, only the individuals of at least 19 years old may register as a member, and each member will be given one membership number and account.
- 3. A Booker Club Program member may not have more than one membership account. Should there be multiple accounts, all except one membership account (selected at random by LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS) will be deleted. The B Points on the deleted accounts will be merged into the remaining membership account.
- 4. During registration, the members may select whether to disclose their personal information to third parties. If consent is not given by the members, B Points and LH points cannot be earned or used and other affiliate services cannot be offered.
- 5. A Booker Club Program member cannot randomly dispose of B Points, special benefits, and various privileges that are earned and offered through this Program. They cannot be sold or transferred to any other third party for any reason whatsoever, aside from inheritance or succession, and may not be offered for the right to pledge or other such purposes. Also, membership transferring through change of name is not allowed.
Article 3 Membership Rights and Cancellation
- 1. Members have the right to ask LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS regarding various privileges, special programs, and earned B Points, and LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS may inform the member of matters regarding changes to the program, useful hotel information, and the member’s earned B Points through methods that they seem appropriate. However, if members do not agree with receiving e-mails or SMS and for notifications via mail, LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS has no responsibility for any disadvantage that may be experienced by such member as a result of loss or delay of such notification.
- 2. All Booker Club Program members must supply valid contact information and update such contact information as necessary. In the event communication with a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member is necessary, the Participating Hotels will rely on the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member’s contact information on file for such communications. The Participating Hotels has the right to terminate an account and/or revoke Points if it determines in its sole discretion that an account has multiple email addresses and/or is suspected of being related to fraudulent or abusive activity. If any changes are made to business address or other member information, members are obligated to notify LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS. The member will be responsible for any disadvantages they experience for their failure to notify the fact. In addition, if members are no longer a corporate employee due to any reasons such as resignation, membership benefits including negotiated corporate rate will be limited. LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS has authority to check if the member is an employee/associate of the company or not.
- 3. B Points will expire three (3) years after the year they were earned. However, membership rights will remain effective until the member withdraws, and if the member withdraws for reasons not attributable to LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS or the Participating Hotels, all unused B Points until the point of withdrawal will expire once the withdrawal is effective. Expired B Points cannot be restored, and will be unavailable for use once they expire. Nevertheless, if the members maintain the LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Membership, LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS will keep the member’s personal information for the purpose of providing relevant service until the members keep their LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Membership.
- 4. If a member violates the Program's rules or these terms and conditions through behaviors such as selling member benefits, Booker vouchers, and etc. or takes part in illegal acts that violate other laws, ordinances, etc., LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS may terminate the member's rights.
- 5. For avoidance of doubt, the termination of member rights prescribed in these terms and conditions refers to the expiration of earned B Points and the termination of various privileges and use of special benefits.
- 6. The personal information of members who do not use the company's services by not logging into the website for one (1) year will be separated and stored in accordance with the Personal Information Effective Term under Article 29 Paragraph 2 of the law regarding the promotion of information and communication network and protection of information, and such members may receive limited service.
Article 4 Points Earned
- 1. Members may earn B Points according to the Program’s terms and regulations. B Points cannot be earned through multiple numbers, and B Points earned with one number may not be combined or exchanged with that of another number by different owner.
- 2. Members can earn B Points in following ways:
- ① Earning B Points by reserving nine (9) rooms or less, through an agency, in a day: B Points are rewarded according to the accumulation rate (i.e. worth 2% of the paid amount) of the member’s reservation to the room, by exchanging the incurred costs into US Dollars after the client(including the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club members)’s stay.
- ② Earning points by reserving events or group reservations, more than 10 rooms in a day – B points are rewarded 200,000 for the maximum, according to the accumulation rate(Worth 2% of the paid amount) of the booker member’s reserved and paid costs for the events and group accommodation reservations. However, Privilege points will not be awarded for rooms included in the total bill paid by a member of the Booker Club.
- ③ In the case of ① and ② above, a separate USD exchange rate used by the Participating Hotels will be applied, and this exchange rate will be informed through the website of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS. Also, the B Points earned are limited to amounts for tax & service charge and for food and beverage if the amount was charged to the rooms.
- 3. A One Hundred (100) B Points are worth 1 USD.
- 4. B Points will be rewarded to a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member who makes the reservation directly at the Participating Hotels and the member should express that he/she is the member of this Program. However, B Points may not be rewarded for reservations that are not “Qualifying Rate”.
- ① “Qualifying Rate” is a rate that is qualified for earning B Points, other than the rates prescribed in Article 4 Clauses 6 and 7 above.
- 5. A person must be a registered member in order to earn B Points, and there must be evidence that they paid for their stay at LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS. Points will not be rewarded for purchases made prior to becoming a registered member.
- 6. The following items are exempt from point accumulation, in case of bookings up to nine (9) rooms per night:
- ① Free charges, internet charges from other companies, travel agency rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, group rates for organizations, receptions, or associations, Special contract room rates except annual negotiated contract rate (Rooms that were reserved for long-term use for a set period of time that was discussed between corporations, government agencies, or individuals through a written agreement for a settled price), Special negotiated rate for long-term staying guests.
- ② Other fees including fees for using the phone or mobile phone in rooms, fees for using the laundry, paid TV, or business center, fees for purchasing internet or retail products, taxes, service charge, and transportation fees
- ③ Fees for food and beverages (including in-room dining and all the restaurants under/and not under hotel management) and transferred bill by dividing the banquet event cost into individual rooms.
- ④ Fees for getting a rental car, massage, shops etc. from businesses and additional facilities
- ⑤ Fees for using the fitness center, sauna, spa, or casino
- ⑥ Fees for using trial programs, activities in the hotel
- ⑦ Fees for free-incentive package trips, outside service fees for free accommodations and food and beverages, or all reception fees
- ⑧ Vouchers and coupons sold by travel agencies
- ⑨ Membership fees and card purchases for all special programs that are managed and run by membership at LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS such as the fitness center and Trevi Club, and purchase amounts for hotel gift certificates, buffet tickets, and other vouchers
- ⑩ Amounts of spend from the booking that was made by other persons asides from the member.
- 7. The following items are exempt from point accumulation, in case of bookings over ten (10) rooms per night and banquet event:
- ① Free charges, internet charges from other companies, travel agency rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, group rates for organizations, receptions, or associations, Negotiated special rate for group room booking, banquets and events, Special negotiated rate for long-term staying guests.
- ② Rates and Fees that indicated from number ② to ⑩ at Clause 6, Article 4.
- 8. In case of bookings up to nine (9) rooms per night, B Points are rewarded the day after check-out. However, in case of bookings over ten (10) rooms per night and banquet event, B Points will be rewarded within 20 business days after all payments have been completed.
- 9. B Points are rewarded on the number of rooms and cost, no matter how many persons stayed in room.
- 10. If the member was unable to earn B Points despite all the proper procedures, the member may request for B Points to be rewarded through the website of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS within six (6) months of the payment date, and B Points will be rewarded thereafter after reviewing of the relevant Participating Hotels.
- 11. B Points cannot be substituted for P points in accumulation procedure. However, the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club members can request to transfer B Points into P point after earned. Nevertheless, all earned B Points cannot be duplicated with airline mileage
- 12. B Points are only applicable when Qualifying Rate is paid upon staying at SIGNIEL (SEOUL, BUSAN), LOTTE HOTELS (SEOUL, WORLD, BUSAN, JEJU, ULSAN, HANOI, SAIGON, GUAM, MOSCOW, ST.PETERSBURG, VLADIVOSTOK, YANGON), L7 HOTELS (MYEONGDONG, GANGNAM, HONGDAE), LOTTE City Hotels(Gimpo Airport, Guro, Mapo, Myeongdong, Daejeon, Jeju, Ulsan) and LOTTE ARAI RESORT. B Points will not be rewarded for purchases at LOTTE Duty Free Shops, overseas partner hotels, and other affiliate stores.
- 13. The rewarded B Points cannot be exchanged, transferred, or sold. However, if the member passes away, any earned B Points may be inherited, and rights may be transferred to immediate family members or the legal successor only (with submission of documentation), subject to legal procedures or customs.
- 14. B Points that are sold or transferred, as an act of violating the rules of this Program, will be cancelled or forfeited.
Article 5 Use of Points and Voucher
- 1. If booker vouchers are used at the Participating Hotels or LOTTE Duty Free Shops, the members must present a photo identification card and notify the representative that B Points will be used. It is also possible to present LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Card (Temporary card, Mobile card, Actual card).
- 2. Booker vouchers may be used for rooms and food and beverages at the Participating Hotels, if at least 1,000 B Points (i.e. 10 USD) are accumulated. Furthermore, items may be purchased at LOTTE Duty Free Shops, if at least 10,000 B Points (i.e.100 USD) are accumulated (limited to certain brands and items).
- 3. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if booker vouchers are to be used for food and beverages in regions outside of Korea, a voucher must be issued by the member through LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS’ website in advance.
- 4. For food and beverages, B Points and booker vouchers can only be used in stores that are directly managed by LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS, and booker vouchers cannot be used if the food and beverages are from stores not under direct management of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS.
- 5. B Points earned through this Program cannot be used directly, but can be converted into booker vouchers or LH Points and used as cash at the Participating Hotels or LOTTE Duty Free Shops. Usage of LH points is according to Article 5 of the LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Membership Terms and conditions and converted LH points will be available until December 31st of the following year based on the time of point conversion. Booker vouchers can be issued only by the member through LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS’ website for usage, and the type of voucher (per amount equivalent), membership number, member name, and user name must be stated when applying for the voucher.
- 6. The issued booker voucher will expire one (1) year after the month of issue.
- 7. Issued vouchers cannot be canceled and will expire automatically if not used within the expiration date as per Clause 6 above. Expired voucher is not valid for usage in any circumstances.
- 8. Members may apply for a booker voucher to be issued by designating a user in advance. Where members wish to allow a third party to use a booker voucher, members must follow a transfer process via LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS official website to change the username on the booker voucher to the respective third party before use. Booker vouchers can only be used by the user stated on the voucher. After the booker voucher has been issued, it can only be used at the stated usage location. If the usage location is at a partner hotel, the member must directly make a reservation with the hotel they wish to use the voucher at. LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS is not responsible, in any way, for any matters related to the reservation of such hotels.
- 9. When a booker voucher is used, a personal identification card must be presented with the booker voucher in order to verify that it is the user stated on the voucher. If the user cannot be identified, the voucher cannot be used.
- 10. If a booker voucher is used at LOTTE Duty Free Shops in Korea, a single booker voucher cannot be split up for use in multiple shops. In addition, it is not possible to receive refunds in cash when purchased product(s) is returned, but will be rewarded back in B Points within ten (10) working days of returning the purchased product.
- 11. Booker vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or sold, and vouchers acquired through such means shall not be valid for use.
- 12. Any remaining balance on a booker voucher after usage cannot be refunded in cash or returned into B Points.
- 13. Deducted B Points or used booker vouchers cannot be returned or canceled as long as there is no direct fault on the part of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS or the Participating Hotels.
- 14. LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS or the Participating Hotels is not responsible for lost or stolen booker vouchers.
- 15. The Participating Hotels and other affiliated stores at which booker vouchers can be used can be substituted with pre or post notification if necessary according to the internal circumstances of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS or its affiliates and the change of affiliation.
- 16. Booker vouchers will lose their efficacy in regions where they are prohibited or restricted in accordance with the applicable law.
Article 6 Membership Levels and Special Benefits
- 1. This Program does not have a separate membership level. All members of this Program receive same point accumulation rate and special benefits.
- 2. LH points acquired by converting B Points of this Program into LH points do not affect the LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Membership level upgrade. In addition, the number of stays and the number of room nights booked on behalf of others do not affect the upgrade of the LOTTE HOTEL Rewards Membership level upgrade.
- 3. Members may receive special benefits prepared by the Participating Hotels for the members, and all special benefits may change with pre or post notification if necessary, due to changes in internal circumstances of partners/affiliates or change in affiliation with LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS.
- 4. In order to receive the benefits under this Program, members must notify LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS at the time of reservation that you are a Booker Club Program member.
- 5. Benefits provided to the members by any hotels and resorts that are NOT one of the Participating Hotels may be different from the benefits prescribed in these terms and conditions, and the members shall adhere to what is determined by such hotels and resorts.
Article 7 Legal Compliance and Anti-Bribery
- 1. Participation in the LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club and earning or redeeming B Points is void when prohibited by law, and is subject to any other applicable laws and regulations (including, for the avoidance of doubt, United Kingdom and United States anti-bribery laws that apply internationally).
- 2. Some employers, by policy, may prohibit or restrict employee participation in this Program and the Participating Hotels and LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS assume no responsibility or liability for compliance with such policies. The members are responsible for complying with any applicable terms and conditions of their employment, their employers’ internal policies and procedures, and any other rules or regulations to which they are subject.
- 3. For corporate bookers, participation in this Program requires prior approval of the individual’s employer. The members are responsible for obtaining such prior approval and by accepting these terms and conditions during the online registration process, individuals are confirming that their employers have consented to their participation in this Program. The Participating Hotels may require the employer’s approval in writing to be produced for verification upon demand at any time as a condition of becoming or continuing as a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member, and the Participating Hotels reserve the right to cancel the membership of those LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club members who cannot produce such written approval. The members agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Participating Hotels, LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS and its affiliates from any liability, costs, and/or damages relating to the claims of any third party arising from a failure of a LOTTE HOTEL Booker Club member to obtain prior approval of his or her employer to participate in this Program.
- 4. A Booker Club Program member who changes her employer must (a) update his/her contact details online; (b) obtain the prior approval of his/her new employer to participate in this Program; and (c) provide any further information requested by the Participating Hotels. For the avoidance of doubt, these terms and conditions are personal to the member and shall apply in full to such member irrespective of any change of employer.
Date of enforcement: 21 December 2018
Terms and conditions of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS Booker Club Program membership will be effective from 21st December 2018.
The Terms and Conditions of LOTTE HOTELS & RESORTS Booker Club Program may be translated into various languages, and the Korean version shall prevail over any other